Saturday, July 07, 2007

iPhone + iTunes 7.3: You are not a friend.

Last Sunday, I had decided to update my iPod after a long trip in which I had not refreshed my iPod and updated my Podcasts along with adjust my playlists and other things. Well, the autoupdate decided to push iTunes 7.3 on my Vista PC and obviously Apple did not thoroughly test this new application. The new hardware detection utility did not play well with Vista and it locked up my PC. It took me several hours of tinkering and uninstalling to eventually find the issue and downgrade my iTunes to 7.1. What a crock of crap.

I thought I was the only with the problem until I logged into ArsTechnica on Monday morning and found an article about the issues with iTunes 7.3 and Windows Vista. My biggest question is how my PC users bought what turned out to be a $700.00 paper weight instead of a Windows Vista capable device. I am growing much more disgusted with Apple and their lack of testing with Vista. It is not like this operating system has not been on the market now for 6 months. It is just frustrating.

BTW: Here is the link to the latest ArsTechnica Article: http://arstechnica.com/journals/apple.ars/2007/07/03/itunes-7-3-throwing-up-unknown-errors-for-some

No comments: